Thursday, March 22, 2007

In the beginning...

In December I began thinking and praying about returning to Malawi. I sent my application a few weeks ago, and within a week I had accepted a position teaching first grade at African Bible College Christian Academy (ABCCA). I am confident that this is the direction that the Lord is leading me, and I am excited to see what he has in store for me in Malawi.

The position is a volunteer/mission one, therfore I will be raising support. About $800/month that I am there, plus airfare. So that makes about $10,000 total. I have been asked to pray about staying for a second year, but I think I will put off making that decision until later down the road.

I decided to create this blog as a way to keep all of my friends and family updated on this process. I will continue to update when I reach Malawi. Thank you for your prayers and support during this process!

No comments: