Monday, June 11, 2007

Time marches on

Less than two months before I depart for Malawi. My excitment is growing daily. I can't wait to meet my students and start our learning adventure together. I'm also really excited to meet the other missionaries that I've been talking to. We are going to have so much fun together.

Yesterday we sang "Here I am Lord." I've always liked that song, but being in the process of being "sent" makes it even more powerful. Knowing that God is sharing his radical love through me and in me is such an amazing thought.

Another thought that has been frequenting my mind: I need to learn to be radically trusting and radically obedient for this whole thing to work out. I am a long way from trusting and obidient, and even farther from radically so.

Prayer requests: 1. that funding would continue to come in 2. that i would learn trust and obedience

praises: 1. some funding has come in 2. my excitement is growing everyday

No comments: