Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Zimbabwe Elections

Please join me in praying for the country of Zimbabwe. They have had their elections, and as far as I know the results have not been released. The current leader, Mugabe, is nothing short of a tyrant. "Africa's Hitler" is how I've heard him described by people I know. Perhaps a dramatic comparison, but when 80% of people are unemployed, inflation is at 100,000%, electricity, petrol, and food are scarce you really start to wonder. Especially when he throws a million dollar birthday party for himself.

I know a lot of people from Zim, and I can't even imagine what it's like to be completely displaced from your country, and to know that it's in shambles. Please pray for Shelley, Glenda, and Owen, fellow staff at the academy who are from Zimbabwe.

For more information:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/02/world/africa/02zimbabwe.html?ex=1304222400&en=e4f95916b4e5d098&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1726790,00.html?xid=rss-world (this one's good)

No comments: