Saturday, October 6, 2007

Reading Day

I decided that since I am so long overdue for updates I'd post two today. Yesterday was Reading Day for the lower grades at the Academy. Talk about stress for the teachers and parents...I had no idea. But talk about fun for the kids. My kids are adorable!



Ok, there's a lot of pictures, but it's so hard to choose! The whole class. Sort of. It's hard to get 19 six year olds to smile and look in one place for more than few second.







My favorite paper bag puppet EVER. And it matches her costume. I didn't even help her either.









Can't have a costume day without a few spidermen.
Here's my tin man. So hilarious. Also, check out Thomas the Train (I thought of you, Mudpuddles gals). Thomas and the Tin Man tied for best dressed.


The final result of "here's a bag, there's the stuff, make a puppet." Not my finest moment of teaching, but they turned out, and it wasn't even THAT chaotic.

Chesire cat. Frog puppet.

No costume, but still quite the ham...

"I'm so cool." All the little girls in my class have a crush on him. Smart, cute, nice, what more can you ask for?

And my last comments about life in Malawi: it's HOT here. I hear that October is the hottest month, but I've also heard that it's pretty hot all the way through January. My body is so confused about why it is getting hotter at this time of year. I love to hear your stories about fall from the Northwest- I'm going to miss it! Carve a pumpkin and step on a few crunchy leaves for me!

Also, I have been posting all of (well, most of) my pictures on facebook. It seems to be the fastest way for me to do get lots of pictures onto the internet. I believe that everyone should be able to view the album by going to this link:

http://georgefox.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011332&l=b5ba5&id=98300908

Alright, I'm off to enjoy my Saturday.

God's blessings to you!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Megan,
I just noticed the link to this page on the bottom of your recent email. Thanks for sharing! It's exciting to see what you're doing so far away. I'm glad teaching seems to be going well for you.
- Becky