Saturday, January 12, 2008

Matapila and Christmas

I've been lazy about blogging this break, sorry. I was waiting to get some more pictures from the village, but I haven't done that yet. So, here's a few pictures. To see some really great videos of the children's choir singing (when we were stuck in a room with 200 Malawians) go to Dan and Beth's blog. There is a link on the left hand side of my page.

In the yellow dress is Tawile. It means we have won. The little boy is Takonda (which means love).

This is Earnest(i) in May 2005. And Earnest in December 2007.


This is at the new center. They still eat A LOT of nsima!




Ok, moving on to Christmas in Lilongwe. This is me with Nya (5) and Analise (2), the Stauffacher girls. I think Nya will be in my class next year!
Me with each of the McDonald girls. Amber Elizabeth (10), Molly Grace (7), Sarah Rose (3).



I'll leave you with my favorite Christmas picture ever. Gift giving in Malawi requires either extreme preparation or extreme creativity. Mr. McDonald went the creativity route and Sarah Rose was excited!
School starts on Wednesday and I have A LOT to do before then. Please pray for me as I prepare for another term of first grade. It's going to be a lot of adjusting to get back into the routine, and remind myself that these first graders are my priority and the reason I was called to Malawi. Also, I just found out one of my students is not coming back- she moved to Canada. Please pray for her as she adjusts to life in a a new country and a new family situation.
I hope that your new year has started off well. Be blessed by God's never ending grace and mercy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The pictue of the girl and nutella makes me smile. That is really cool that you got to see same of the same kids you met 2 years ago!

jcreason said...

That's awesome Megan, I remember Earnest! You haven't happened to see Thomas or his bus anywhere have you!? "Yes I can..."