Saturday, May 3, 2008

Walking on the wild side

For social studies this term we have been studying the continents. It's been a lot of fun to teach, and my kids have enjoyed it as well. Every Tuesday when they come back from PE they pretend that they have gone to the continent we are studying. They tell me all about the animals that they saw, and the places that they went. It's pretty cute. Here are some pictures of the mural that we painted together. They did a really great job!

That's Mr. Guise in the background- he's my assistant. He wanted to wear an apron too.

Putting on the finishing touches. They each got to choose rainforest animals to draw and glue into the rainforest.
The finished product. Sure, bats live in the canopy layer of the rainforest and tocans are as big as trees! Not too bad for 19 first graders though!


Please pray that I can focus on the things I have to do for the rest of the year. I really need to be able to be productive in the time that I devote to working in my classroom. I also have conferneces coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm nervous! Pray also for my students- that they would stay focused and the few who are really struggling would made some significant progress in the next 6 weeks.

No comments: