Wednesday, May 6, 2009

quotes from kids!

Some quotes are just plain hilarious. Like these ones:

Martina: I think I'm going to marry a penguin.
Tiwonge: Good idea, they don't talk so much.
James: Not me! I'm going to marry a wo-man!

Alexandra: Be nice to me or you can't have any cake.
Lisa: You can't buy me with your cake. I don't need your cake.

Some excite me because I can see that they are learning. Like these:

"I just can't stop thinking about this book! I dream about it and I want to read it all day long!"
"Hey, that's just like in The BFG!" (My whole class was rolling in laughter at this book yesterday. Wow!)

Some show wisdom beyond their years:
Me: Poetry is exciting because it can be so many different things. It's really different than reading a book, or telling someone as story. It can just do more. (I was struggling to explain it to them so that it would make sense).
Mina: Yeah. It can really show emotion.

Pray for us as we attempt to finish strong this year. Pray that I can continue to show love to my students.

1 comment:

Christa Bond said...

hahaha just love the quotes and wanted to let you know :) cute!