Sunday, June 15, 2008

Psalm 103

For the last few days I've had the words to Psalm 103 going around in my head.
"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being praise his holy name."

You know those times when you just feel so full of life, joy, peace, love? I think my student, Florence, said it best at Thanksgiving time when she told me she was "enoughed." That is the best word to describe how I've felt wrapping up my first year here in Malawi. Enoughed. God has provided for me in just the right ways at just the right times.

Today I woke up with all kinds of butterflies about traveling and seeing Annie off. I know I'll see her again in a couple of months, but it just means the end of yet another season. After going to the airport I went to the Mackay's for lunch. I had their daughter in my class (did you notice the past tense in that sentence?). It was so wonderful. I left amazed at how God designed us so that we could see him in each other. We are his workmanship, and the work of his hands is so evident in others. The funny thing is, most of the people there are not Christians- and I can still see reflections of who God is by the way he made them.

"Praise the Lord, all his works everywhere in his dominion, Praise the Lord, O my soul."

No comments: