Saturday, November 15, 2008

Irony

I love myself a toasted bagel with cream cheese. You can get bagels here in Malawi. You can get cream cheese here in Malawi. I've been buying bagels almost every week since I got here in August, but have not been able to find any normal cream cheese. Smoked salmon just doesn't do it for me. So, I stopped buying bagels. Today at the grocery store they finally had cream cheese. I get all excited and go to get bagels. Guess what? No bagels. Neat.

In other news, it is HOT here. The response I normally get to that is, "How hot is it?" The answer to that question is somewhat misleading. I don't think it gets too much above 93-95 degrees which doesn't seem too horrible. The thing about heat here is that it is everywhere. If it is 95 outside, it's 95+ inside the house and probably about 100 in my classroom. It's like the heat gets inside of you and won't get out. Today we rode in the air conditioned car and my skin was freezing cold by the time we got there but it felt like my insides were still sweating. I don't think your insides can actually sweat, but they sure can feel like it.

Enjoy your nice cool fall days and the drizzly Oregon rain. Think of me roasting here in Africa when you get annoyed because it is raining- again.

No comments: