Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas from Malawi



Christmas has come and gone yet again. Even though it's 80 degrees and I'm not related to anyone within a few thousand miles, I feel "home for the holidays" as the saying goes. I spent Christmas with the McDonalds again which was a huge blessing and so much fun! I love that family! Here's the run down of Malawi Christmas traditions (it's been more than one year so it counts as tradition).

Christmas Eve: Fried chicken, mashed potatos and corn casserole with the McDonald family, the Jones family and me. Here are the kids getting ready to get their food.

Molly Grace, Sam, Amber Elizabeth, Ford

Sarah Rose, Alice Ann

After dinner we went next door to the Dehnert's house for Christmas carols and wassail. Here is the Robbins family singing away!

Here is the new little guy who has stolen my heart. He was brought to the clinic here on campus when he was about 10 days old. He was born at 32 weeks, they think. He weighed 1 kg (that's about 2 pounds). He is now about 7 weeks old. His name is Clever and is up for adoption. Too bad it's so hard to adopt in Malawi. Please pray that we find him a home and that he doesn't end up being sent to his home village- even though his grandmother already said that she can't take care of him.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Meg!!!

He is adorable and I can see you feel as if you have died and gone to heaven. Oh and that you really like babies too.... :)

You are a beautiful woman. I'm very proud of you.
I love you

The Johnsons said...

Hi Megan,
It's Tammy. Happy New Year! So, I am wondering what the process is for adopting someone from Malawi. You said it is hard - why is that? Just curious! Hope the rest of your school year is great!