Sunday, April 19, 2009

And we're off!

You know you live in Malawi when....you are eating at a restaurant and a little baby roach scurries across the table and you casually brush it aside and contine eating. Such is life.

Spring break has come to a close. I have mixed emotions about that. I am excited to see my kids and teach the "continents" unit. I am anxious because I know how much needs to be accomplished between now and the end of the year. I am mournful, as I know that this is the beginning of the end. It's all downhill from here, as the saying goes. I have coveted opportunities to hang out with my Malawi family in the past week. From tea with Vicki, cuddles with Sarah Rose, "shopping" with LeAnne, cookout with the McDonalds, to watching and appreciating the sunset every night, I am learning to live in the moment and appreciate it for what it is. How great is the love that the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called His children? That he not only gives us the things that we need, but things that we don't need to bring us joy.

I have some specific ways that you can pray for me in the coming weeks. Here they come:

  • That I would be profoundly effective, to the glory of God, in my classroom. This is it, the last weeks to make an impact on my kids. Not to mention making sure they are ready for second grade. Pray that I would speak love to them with my words and my actions.
  • That my relationships in Malawi would be 1. honoring to God, 2. strengthened
  • I need a job when I get home. It is an exercise of faith to not be worried about it, with the state of the economy and the shaky school budgets. Pray for opportunities to present themselves, as well as wisdom and discernment about where to look and apply.
Thank you for your prayers! I'll leave you with my favorite (do you ever get tired of these?)- a sunset picture!





No comments: