Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tropical Paradise

Hey everyone. I just got back from Zanzibar. That's an island off of the coast of Tanzania. The northern tip (where we stayed for the first part of our trip) is 5 degrees south of the equator. That means that it was HOT and humid. But so beautiful. Here are some highlights:

1. The Ocean. Just in general. I have never seen anything like it. Nor have I ever swam in salt water that warm.
2. Snorkeling. I saw fish with more colors that I've ever seen. I also got a nasty sunburn. Yes, I was wearing sunscreen. The sun is just too strong. It was worth it though.
3. Hanging out talking and enjoying the sky and the sea with friends.
4. Shrimp- heads and all.

The dock from prison island:

School girls enjoying lunch break on the beach.

Coke and the ocean. Ahh.

No comments: