Thursday, April 2, 2009

it's been a long time...

Sorry for all of you who routinely blogstalk me...I mean stay updated on my life via my blog. In the craziness of not having a computer, and then the business of the last few weeks of life, my blog has been pushed to the way back burner.

My visitors have come and gone in a whirlwind of a week. They were so kind to carry tons of stuff over for me and my fellow missionaries. Including my new computer which actually works. I'm so thankful! We made it to just about everything that is a must see in Malawi and even saw some monkeys while we were at it. It was really refreshing to see Malawi through their fresh eyes, rather than my "been there, done that eyes."

Tomorrow is our last day of school before Easter Holiday. A much needed, much deserved holiday, I would say. My kids are so done with school and with each other, and with me. And if we're being honest- so am I. I'm afraid I've turned into a broken record sometimes. I even get annoyed with myself, and I know they must be feeling it too. Like I said, a holiday is needed.

I am leaving on Saturday to go to Zanzibar with a couple friends. That is an island off the coast of Tanzania (the country that borders Malawi to the North). I'm really excited to rest and relax in on the tropical beaches. We'll be gone for a week, and then I have a week to catch up in my classroom. I'll post pictures when I get back!

Until then- Happy Easter!

No comments: