Sunday, March 2, 2008

my thoughts on this beautiful sunday

There is a lot about Malawi that makes you appreciate the incredible creativity of our Creator. As you probably have figured out, I love the sky here. It is almost always 100% beautiful. Although it does occasionaly completely cloud over for a grey and drizzly day- which makes me feel right at home. There are birds and all kinds of creatures that make me appreciate being just one small part of the world. It's also really amazing to live in a community with such diverse cultures, and see how different and how alike we all are.

I've also been thinking a lot about being content. I wish I could be more content, but I find myself thinking more and more about "what's next." Even though I'm here for another year and a half I want to know what life will be like in 5 years, 10 years. But focusing on the future will cause me to miss the blessing that is the present.

Well, that's about the end of my reflections for the day.

Here are somethings you can pray about-
Praises:
1. beautiful weather and great friends to enjoy it with
2. an encouraged spirit

Prayers:
1. a strong finish to term 3
2. safe travel over the break (many of my students and friends will be traveling, and so will I- to Cape Town, South Africa!)
3. the McDonald family- they are in the states because LeAnne had surgery, please pray for her continued recovery, and for them as they return to Malawi at the end of March. And pray for me because I miss them!
4. Babies being born- my neighbors, Dan and Beth, will be traveling back to the states to welcome their son, Elijah, into the world; my teaching partner, Jenny, and her husband, Nate, will be traveling to South Africa to welcome their daughter, Selah, into the world.

Thanks for being you and who you are to me! Loves from Malawi.

1 comment:

The McDonalds said...

Megan,
You are so sweet to ask your "people" to pray for me. I miss seeing your smiling face. You are such a special person to me and to our entire family.