Sunday, March 16, 2008

peace, and i'm outta here!

Happy Easter, a few days early. We are officially on Easter holiday until the 31st of March (people around here are serious about their holiday time, 2 weeks for Easter break!). We made it through the third term in First Grade, but not without a few rocky days toward the end. Just when I thought I couldn't take any more, God blessed me with really sweet kids, and a good last couple of days. On Friday when we were ending our day I was telling my kiddos to have a good break and safe travels and whatnot and Mzati raised his hand (which is a miracle in itself) and says, "I'm gunna miss you." It was so sweet, especially considering he's been the source of much of my grief.

Well, Annie, Andy and I are off to Cape Town today. The flight leaves at 3:20 today and I would appreciate your prayers about this. There are a lot of details that need to work out, such as getting our Temporary Employment Permits so that they will let us out of the country. We've had our paperwork turned in since September and still no reciept- that's Malawi time if I've ever seen it. We also have a somewhat short connection to go through customs and whatnot- please just pray for safety and smooth travels. We'll be there for a week. It's going to be so nice! Thank you for your prayers.

I pray that you would be blessed, this Holy Week, in remembering the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

When our mortal bodies have been transformed into immortal bodies this Scripture will be fufilled: "Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
1 Corinthians 15:54-58

He is risen. He is risen indeed! (I taught my kids to say that this week- precious!)

No comments: